Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Where the wild genes are

This spring, I taught a course on Animal Behavior.  Consequently, most of my enthusiasm for sharing the intricacies of the interactions among animals (and other organisms) was channeled towards the class rather than the blog.  During the course, I was able to learn many new things myself thanks to the hard work of my students.  Therefore, I encouraged the students to share their writing assignments on their class blog, "Where the Wild Genes Are".  Their posts on their own natural history observations, their analyses of the communication of science, and their contributions to Wikipedia articles will continue to be published every couple of days for the next few weeks.  I encourage you to follow their blog and learn about a wide variety of animals, behaviors, and concepts in behavioral ecology.

A monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus) feeding on a crimson clover (Trifolium incarnatum).
Natural Current Events should also be getting back to a more regular schedule in the near future.   Although I did less posting this semester, teaching didn't mean that I stopped photographing.  If you want to see more pictures of Houston spring flowers, you can find a selection in the album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment