Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A full nest

Exactly how many of the Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe) chicks were still in the nest?  Standing below, I could see two.  They weren't doing much, but I decided to leave the video camera running as I went off to check the rest of the garden.  When I came back after a few minutes, I once again saw two chicks, sitting very still.  Thus, I was in for a big surprise when I watched the footage for the first time.


* To see this video in high definition (1080p), you may need to (1) click "YouTube" to watch on the YouTube website and (2) change the settings at the bottom of the video screen.

As it turned out, this was the chicks' last day in the nest.  However, the chicks have not gone far: I still hear their "fee-bee" calls from the trees around the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment