Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Eager for lily pads

A few days after my surprise encounter with a swimming beaver, I went on another walk around the beaver ponds.  I had hoped that the beaver I had seen before might be back patrolling its pond, so I was disappointed to find the pond empty (at least of visible beavers).  However, I did not give up, and in a pond a short way down the path, I found two beavers.

A beaver eating a rolled up lily pad.
These beavers were busy with the important task of rolling up and eating lily pads.  One after another, the lily pads disappeared into the beavers.  Fortunately for the beavers, the pond was so full of lily pads that an imminent shortage seemed unlikely.

* To see this video in high definition (1080p), you may need to: 
(1) click "YouTube" to watch on the YouTube website
(2) change the settings at the bottom of the video screen

No comments:

Post a Comment